List of products for TR on fish safety was approvedTechnical regulation on fish safety
By Decision of the EEC Board No. 58 dated May 11, 2023, a list of products subject to mandatory assessment of compliance with the requirements of the technical regulation “On the safety of fish and fish products” (TR EAEU 040/2016) was approved.
The list includes 6 product names:
– raw algae (fresh) and fresh aquatic plants, chilled, frozen or dried;
– boiled-frozen (chilled) aquatic invertebrates;
– dried fish food products, dried, dried-cured, pickled, salted, hot smoked, cold smoked, hanging;
– canned fish, natural canned fish, natural canned fish with oil, semi-canned fish, preserves, fish culinary product, fish culinary semi-finished product (processed);
– granular caviar of fish of the sturgeon family and the salmon family, ovary caviar of fish, mollusks and echinoderms, pasteurized fish caviar, pressed caviar of fish, mollusks and echinoderms, punched salted caviar of fish (except for the sturgeon family and the salmon family), mollusks, echinoderms, caviar fish product;
– edible fat from fish, aquatic invertebrates and aquatic mammals, hydrolysate from fish food products, simulated caviar, simulated fish food products, coarse and fine flour from fish, crustaceans and other invertebrates.
For each category of products, 10-digit HS codes are prescribed, as well as the type of conformity assessment document (declaration of conformity) that must be issued to put the goods into circulation.
The list will come into force on June 11, 2023.