Certification of jackets and coats
NEED HELP WITH CERTIFICATION?
Certification of jackets and coats
Jackets and coats, like all clothing categories, must be certified. The certification obligation applies to products that are produced and sold in the countries of the Eurasian Economic Union.
Clothing is divided into three layers:
– First – underwear, nightgowns and others;
– second – jackets, trousers and other things that are worn under outerwear;
– third – all kinds of outerwear.
Accordingly, jackets and coats are the third layer, but submission for various documentation is provided here.
Jackets that are made in children’s sizes under the age of three are certified with a special quality certificate in accordance with the Technical Regulations of the Customs Union 007/2011 “On the safety of products intended for children and adolescents”.
For use by children over 3 and under 18 years of age, jackets and coats are certified according to the Technical Regulations of the Customs Union 007/2011 “On the safety of products intended for children and adolescents”.
Certification of jackets or coats made in sizes for adults is issued by a declaration according to the Technical Regulations of the Customs Union 017/2011 “On the safety of light industry products”.
What is a declaration or certificate for jackets and coats?
Declaration of Conformity is documentary evidence that the quality of clothing fully meets the requirements prescribed in the relevant Technical Regulations. The declaration is certified by the applicant himself, and he is responsible for the information specified in the document.
Certificate of Conformity is also a documentary guarantee that confirms that the quality characteristics of the clothes match the data of the Technical Regulations. Such a document is certified by the company issuing the permit, and it is responsible for all the information specified in the certificate.
Certification of jackets and coats can be checked at any time by authorized bodies or even by consumers themselves. To do this, all certification information is published in the public domain on the website of the Federal Accreditation Service.
How are coats and jackets certified?
The process of obtaining permission for certification takes two to five weeks, and registration of the declaration or certificate in the FSA registry takes 3 working days.
Package of documents to be submitted to the certification firm:
• OGRN and TIN;
• HS code;
• GOSTs or TU according to which products are manufactured;
• A lease agreement or a document confirming ownership of the production area;
• Description of the composition and characteristics of clothing.
Stages of obtaining mandatory certification.
• Address to certification firm with application;
• Signing an agreement with selection of the validity period of the certification;
• Provision of product samples and compiled package of documents;
• Carrying out laboratory testing and preparation of documents by the company;
• Obtaining permission for certification;
• Registration of the document in the unified register of the Federal Antimonopoly Service.
In the event of receiving rejection in certification, it is required to collect the missing documents or adjust the production process, depending on the reason for the denial. After resolving this issue – to re-submit an application for certification permission. Depending on the individual situation, the package of required documents may slightly vary. Similarly, the approval process may be lengthy.