Certification of fish products
NEED HELP WITH CERTIFICATION?
Certification of fish products
Fish and fish products present an important part of a nutritious diet. According to legislation in force on the territory of the EAEU, each manufacturer, supplier or distributor must undergo certification procedure for fish products, confirming high quality and complete safety of the goods by checking compliance with the current technical regulations.
It is possible to confirm the declared commercial characteristics of fish and products prepared on its basis by one of approved methods.
Features of the procedure depend on the type of product, as well as on selected scheme.
The most common form of evaluation – declaration – applies to all types of live, chilled or frozen fish, as well as salted, pickled, smoked, dried or sun-dried.
To obtain a declaration for fish products, it is necessary to confirm compliance with the norms and requirements of several technical regulations of the Customs Union.
Regulatory and legislative documents relate to:
- safety of natural fish and fish products (040/2016);
- food safety (021/2011);
- rules for packaging and labeling food products (022/2011);
- safe use of food additives – preservatives, dyes, flavor enhancers, flavorings (029/2012).
The following natural fish processing products are subject to assessment on a mandatory basis:
- minced meat;
- canned fish products;
- frozen semi-finished products from fish;
- ready-to-eat fish dishes and culinary products;
- seafood – crabs, mussels, shrimp;
- algae, seaweed.
After receiving official documents confirming the fact of certification of fish products, the goods must be marked with the approved EAC mark.
Features of the procedure.
For serial production, two options for organizing verification are provided (schemes 3d and 6d). A separate batch of goods is checked according to 4d scheme.
All three programs provide for the examination and testing of prototypes in the laboratory. After all mandatory studies are completed, a final protocol is drawn up, taking into account the results of which permits are issued.
One of the mandatory requirements for food production is gradual introduction of an effective management system at the enterprise.
The principles of ISO 22000 (HACCP) relate to the control of all possible risks, improve the quality of products and reduce the reject rate.
For legitimate entrepreneurial activities in the production or sale of food products for children, as well as new-style goods, state registration and obtaining the relevant document – a certificate of completion of the procedure (SGR) is mandatory.
If chilled or frozen products (unprocessed raw materials) are used as raw materials, individual entrepreneur shall have to undergo a veterinary examination.
The procedure for conducting evaluation activities.
Certification of fish and fish products is carried out according to the standard procedure:
- submission of written application to initiate an audit;
- product identification, selection of a suitable scheme for the upcoming procedure;
- providing a set of required documents;
- handover of typical product samples;
- organizing and conducting laboratory tests;
- drawing of final research protocols;
- issuance of permits to the initiator of inspection – the manufacturer, supplier or seller.
Documents for verification.
To successfully pass the test, you need to prepare a set of documents:
- copies of the certificate of registration (TIN, OGRN);
- statutory, constituent papers, card of the applicant company;
- a complete list of products with a detailed description (name, composition, process features, energy value);
- regulatory and technical documentation underlying the production process (TS, GOST);
- documents on the right of ownership or lease of industrial premises;
- contract, invoice, contract specification, information about the manufacturer (for imported products).