TR CU 016/2011 - MASTCERTON THE SAFETY OF DEVICES OPERATING ON GASEOUS FUEL
NEED HELP WITH CERTIFICATION?
TR CU 016/2011 Technical Regulations of the Customs Union “On the safety of devices operating on gaseous fuel”
TR CU 016/2011 applies to devices and equipment operating on gas fuel (gas-using equipment). This regulation approves and establishes standards and requirements for the safety of gas-using equipment produced (imported) into circulation on the unified territory of the Customs Union.
In accordance with TR CU 016/2011, gas-powered equipment includes:
- Equipment used for cooking, heating and hot water supply, etc.
- Block automatic burners.
- Devices that are built into the equipment and are in separate treatment from the equipment specified above.
A complete list of gas-using equipment that falls under the regulation of TR CU 016/2011 is in Appendix 1 to the Technical Regulations.
In order to determine whether your equipment requires a declaration in accordance with TR CU 016/2011, you can write to us at MASTSERT and we will help you.
List of equipment not covered by this Technical Regulation:
- Steam boilers with steam pressures above 0.07 MPa and boilers for heating water with water temperatures above 115 degrees Celsius .
- Equipment that is used in industrial plants, which is not included in the list in Appendix 1.
- Equipment that uses gas as a vehicle fuel.
- Main characteristics of gas-using equipment:
- Name, type (model) and purpose of equipment.
- Type and nominal pressure of the gas used.
- Rated thermal power.
- Electricity frequency and voltage (if connected to the mains)
Gas-using equipment is put into circulation on the market of the Customs Union if it complies with this Technical Regulation, as well as other regulations of the Customs Union, which apply to it.
In order for gas-using equipment to be put into circulation on the market of the Customs Union, it must meet all the safety requirements listed in article 4 of TR CU 016/2011.
Confirmation of compliance of gas-using equipment with the requirements of Technical Regulations 016/2011 is mandatory and is carried out in the form of declaration or certification.
Download “TR CU 016/2011” for free
Read the full English version of “ON THE SAFETY OF DEVICES OPERATING ON GASEOUS FUEL“.
Check if your product is subject to certification under this regulation.
If you still have questions you can always rely on MASTCERT.
The equipment is declared according to one of the following schemes:
- 1D – for serial production based on the test results of samples.
- 2D – for a batch (single product) based on the test results of samples carried out by the manufacturer
- 3D – for serial production based on the results of sample tests and production control
- 4D – for a batch (single product) based on the test results carried out by an accredited laboratory.
Declaration of conformity can be replaced by certification at the request of the applicant. In this case, one of the following certification schemes can be applied:
- 1C – for serial production of gas-using equipment based on the results of sample tests and production control
- 3C – for a batch based on the test results of samples.
- 4C – for single samples of gas-using equipment based on the results of sample tests.
Important! Samples are tested in an accredited laboratory on the basis of an agreement with the applicant or certification body. In some cases, it is allowed to conduct tests of a type sample by an accredited laboratory on the territory of the plant or at the place of operation.
After successfully passing the tests, the manufacturer (his representative or importer) is issued a Certificate of Conformity. On the basis of this certificate (declaration), gas-using equipment is marked with EAC sign.
For more information about the process of Certification (Declaration) according to Technical Regulations 016/2011, you can ask our specialist company MASTSERT, just write to us.