TR CU 018/2011On safety of wheeled vehicles
NEED HELP WITH CERTIFICATION?
TR CU 018/2011 “ON SAFETY OF WHEELED VEHICLES”
Technical Regulation 018/2011 applies to the following objects:
• Wheeled vehicles of categories M , L , N and O , as well as chassis;
• Vehicle components that have an impact on vehicle safety.
• A complete list of objects covered by TR CU 018/2011 is presented in Appendix No. 1 to this Technical Regulation.
Technical Regulation 018/2011 does not apply to vehicles:
• Having a maximum speed of no more than 25 km / h
• Intended for participation in sports competitions only
• Categories L and M 1 , which were issued 30 or more years ago, as well as categories M 2 , M 3 and N , which are not intended for commercial passenger and cargo transportation, which were issued 50 or more years ago
• Imported into the territory of the Customs Union for a period not exceeding 6 months and placed under customs regimes
• Off-road heavy vehicles.
Documents certifying compliance with the requirements of Technical Regulations 018/2011:
• Vehicle type approval – for vehicles.
• Chassis type approval – for chassis
• Safety certificate for vehicle construction – for single vehicles
• Declaration or Certificate of Conformity – for vehicle components.
Download “TR CU 018/2011” for free
Read the full English version of TR CU 018/2011 regulation “On safety of wheeled vehicles”.
Check if your product is subject to certification under this regulation.
If you still have questions you can always rely on MASTCERT.
Type approval of a vehicle (chassis) is issued on the basis of fulfilling the type requirements in accordance with the Technical Regulations.
A prerequisite for obtaining the Type Approval of a vehicle (chassis) is the positive results of the analysis of the manufacturer’s production carried out by the certification body (clause 27 of TR CU 018/2011).
PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION OF TYPE APPROVAL:
• Submitting an application to a certification body.
• Conclusion of a contract with the applicant for the performance of work.
• Testing and identification of samples in an accredited laboratory.
• Analysis of the manufacturer’s production in accordance with clause 27.
• Registration and issuance of a Declaration, Certificate of Conformity.
• Preparation of an opinion by the body on the possibility of issuing a type of vehicle.
• Registration, approval and registration of vehicle type approval.
• Monitoring the compliance of vehicles with the requirements of technical regulations (once every 2 years).
The validity period of type approval cannot exceed 3 years (exceptions are provided only in clauses 35 and 36 of TR CU 018/2011).
Applicant for filing an application for the issue of Type Approval can only be a resident of one of the countries of the Customs Union
CHECKING THE COMPLIANCE WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE TECHNICAL REGULATIONS FOR TYPES OF VEHICLE COMPONENTS
Components supplied to the vehicle assembly plant, used and remanufactured components do not require confirmation of conformity.
Confirmation of conformity is carried out in the form of a Declaration or Certification .
An applicant can only be a resident of the Customs Union to file an application for a Declaration or Certificate of Conformity.
Depending on the declaration schemes, the Declaration of Conformity can be drawn up by the applicant based on his own evidence and (or) evidence obtained from the accredited testing laboratory (certification body).
The period of validity of the declaration cannot exceed a period of 4 years.
Depending on the scheme, the procedure for obtaining the Certificate of Conformity (Appendix No. 19 to TR CU 018/2011) may include:
• Tests of samples for compliance with the requirements of TR CU 018/2011 in an accredited testing laboratory .
• Passing the inspection control of the manufacturer’s production.
• Registration of the Certificate of Conformity.
• Control by the Certification Body over the certified types of components, if this procedure is provided for by the selected certification scheme.
Appendix No. 12 to TR CU 018/2011 contains a list of documents that must be submitted to the certification body to obtain confirmation of conformity.
The period of validity of the Certificate should not exceed 4 years.
SAMPLES OF MARKING
The “E” and “e ” marks are officially approved marks. Instead of the ellipsis, the unique number (code) of the country that provided the message of the type approval of the vehicle or component in accordance with UNECE Regulations or EU Directives is indicated. The approval number is indicated in accordance with the requirements of UNECE Regulations and EU Directives.
To obtain the necessary permits and documentation for confirming compliance with the requirements of TR CU 018/2011, you can contact the specialists of MASTSERT.
The standards and norms established by the Technical Regulation 018/2011 are designed to protect the life and health of people, property, the environment and prevent actions that mislead the consumer. TRCU 018/2011 contains a list of requirements for a wheeled vehicle (w/v), regardless of the place of its production, if it is put into circulation and is in use within the countries of the Customs Union.
Settlement objects that fall under the provisions of TR 018/2011 are w/v in categories L, M, N and O, which are intended for operation within the CU, chassis and other components affecting their safe use.
How to pass wheeled vehicle safety certification?
Obtaining a permit confirming the compliance of the vehicle with the requirements of TR CU 018/2011 is mandatory. It is necessary to pass the EAC certification to substantiate legal entrepreneurial activity for the production, import, sale of products of different categories. Testing and researches must be entrusted to a reliable center with an appropriate base of material support. it should work directly with the RusAccreditation, which will confirm the reliability of the results and, in general, will speed up the entire procedure. Contact MASTCERT, we work responsibly and inexpensively.