TR CU 005/2011On the safety of packaging
NEED HELP WITH CERTIFICATION?
Technical regulation 005/2011 was developed to establish uniform requirements for packaging released into circulation on the territory of the countries of the Customs Union.
TR CU 005/2011 applies to all types of packaging that are finished products and are released into circulation on the territory of the Customs Union.
TR CU 005/2011 does not apply to packaging of medical devices, medicines, pharmaceuticals, tobacco products and dangerous goods, as well as to freight containers and pallets for the carriage of goods by any means of transport.
Packaging safety requirements
Packaging must be manufactured and designed in such a way that during its use the minimum risks associated with its construction and used materials are ensured.
This regulation sets out requirements for:
• Sanitary and hygienic indicators of packaging that comes into contact with food products (the requirements are described in Appendices 1 and 1.1 of TR CU 005/2011).
• Mechanical indicators.
• Chemical resistance (the packaging must not release the amount of chemicals that is higher than the maximum permissible norm).
Download “TR CU 005/2011” for free
Read the full English version of TR CU 005/2011 regulation “On the safety of packaging”.
Check if your product is subject to certification under this regulation.
If you still have questions you can always rely on MASTCERT.
Packaging product labeling must contain the following information:
• Numerical code or letter designation of the material from which the package is made.
• Package name.
• Purpose of packaging.
• Conditions of transportation, disposal and storage.
• Processing method (for recycled packaging).
• Manufacturer information.
• Manufacturing date.
• Shelf life (if set by the manufacturer)
In accordance with TR CU 005/2011, the packaging must undergo a mandatory declaration to confirm the quality.
To obtain a Declaration of Conformity, the following declaration schemes can be applied:
• 3d, 4d, 6d – for packaging intended for food products, including baby food, perfumery and cosmetic products, toys and children’s products.
• 1d and 2d – applies to packaging products that do not belong to the products listed in clause 2.1 of Article 7 of TR CU 005/2011.
To obtain the Declaration of Conformity, you must provide the following documents:
• Product test report
• Technical description
• List of standards according to which the products were manufactured
• ISO 9001 certificate (for scheme 6d)
• Supply agreement (schemes 2d, 4d)
Technical Regulation (TR) CU 005/2011 regulates the production rate and quality criteria for all types of packaging products – paper, glass, metal, plastic, wood, textiles, ceramics, combined materials. The document describes the field of application and rules for sales of goods on the market, determines the standards of labeling.
As for compliance with safety standards according to TR CU 005/2011, they cover a set of requirements for materials of manufacture, including sanitary and hygienic indicators, mechanical parameters, chemical resistance and tightness. Packaging materials for food, including baby food, are subject to stricter hygiene controls. The individual evaluation criteria are established for each type of packaging, according to the material of manufacture.
Checking packaging products for importing goods to Russia
Within the framework of the EAC certification, specialists select suitable certification schemes for the goods, take samples and check them in laboratory conditions for compliance with the standards. After a test is completed, a reported is formed with the designation of all indicators. After this they are compared with acceptable ones and a conclusion on the issuance of a certificate is formed. We have the necessary material and technical conditions for testing of any packaging materials without the involvement of intermediaries. Therefore, the speed of work and the optimal cost are guaranteed. We will be happy to discuss everything in more detail and start Your project.