TR CU 029/2012On the safety of food additives
NEED HELP WITH CERTIFICATION?
Technical regulation 029/2012 establishes uniform mandatory requirements for the application and implementation of food additives, flavors and processing aids and their content in food products, ensuring the free movement of food additives, flavors and technological aids put into circulation in the common customs territory of the Customs Union (Eurasian Economic Union).
TR CU 029/2012 applies to:
1) food additives, complex food additives;
3) technological aids;
4) food products in terms of the content of food additives, biologically active substances from flavors, residual amounts of technological aids;
5) processes of production, storage, transportation, sale and disposal of food additives, flavors and technological aids.
flavorings and technological aids intended only for personal consumption and not intended for release carried out by citizens at home and (or) in personal subsidiary farms. into circulation in the common customs territory of the Customs Union (Eurasian Economic Union).
Assessment (confirmation) of conformity
Food additives, flavors and technological aids are subject to assessment (confirmation) of conformity in accordance with the technical regulation of the Customs Union “On Food Safety”.
When evaluating (confirming) the conformity of food additives, flavors and technological aids, additional information is provided:
1) on the composition of complex food additives (Appendices 3-8, 10-18 and 29 to TR CU 029/2012);
2) on the composition of flavors , indicating flavoring substances, flavoring preparations, carriers and the content of standardized biologically active substances (Appendix 20 and Appendices 3-8, 10-18 and 29 to TR CU 029/2012);
genetically modified organisms and components derived from GMOs in the composition of food additives, flavors and technological aids;
4) on the use of nanomaterials and products of nanotechnology.
Download “TR CU 029/2012” for free
Read the full English version of TR CU 029/2012 regulation “Safety requirements for food additives, flavors and technological aids”.
Check if your product is subject to certification under this regulation.
If you still have questions you can always rely on MASTCERT.
Also, when evaluating (confirming) the compliance of enzyme preparations, the following are additionally provided:
1) information about the source of origin of the drug and its characteristics, including the main and additional activity;
2) characteristics of the strain( s ) of the microorganism( s )-producer( s ) of the enzyme(s).
If you have additional questions, write to us and our experts will help you.