TR EAEU 037/2016On the restriction of the use of hazardous substances in products of electrical engineering and radio electronics
NEED HELP WITH CERTIFICATION?
MASTCERT has competence to carry out the necessary work to confirm the compliance of products that fall under the requirements of the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 037/2016 “On the restriction of the use of hazardous substances in products of electrical engineering and radio electronics”
The technical regulation of the Eurasian Economic Union 037/2016 “On the restriction of the use of hazardous substances in electrical products and radio electronics” was developed in accordance with the Decision under the Treaty on the Eurasian Economic Union of October 18, 2016 N 113 in order to protect human life and health, the environment , as well as the prevention of actions misleading consumers (users) of electrical and radio-electronic products regarding the content of hazardous substances in them.
TR EAEU 037/2016 entered into force on March 1, 2020
The list of products falling within the scope of regulation 037/2016 Electrical apparatus and household appliances.
- Electronic computers and devices connected to them, including combinations thereof.
- Telecommunication facilities (terminal telecommunication devices).
- Copy machines and other electric office (office) equipment. Electrified tools (hand-held machines and electric portable).
- Light sources and light equipment, including equipment built into furniture. Musical instruments.
- Game and vending machines.
- Cash registers, ticket machines, ID card readers, ATMs, information kiosks.
- Cables, wires and cords intended for use at a rated voltage of not more than 500 V AC and (or) DC, with the exception of fiber optic cables.
- Circuit breakers and residual current circuit breakers.
- Fire, security and fire alarm detectors.
Important:The certificate of conformity of the technical regulations of the Customs Union can be issued both for goods produced by the countries of the CU and for goods of foreign manufacturers
The list of hazardous substances the use of which is limited by the EAEU TR 037/2016:
- Hexavalent chrome
- Polybrominated biphenyls
- Polybrominated diphenylethers
For all these substances, the maximum allowable concentration is 0.1%, and for cadmium – 0.01% (this is the so-called “weight percent”).
What products do not apply to EAEU TR 037/2016:
- products of electrical engineering and radio electronics, intended for use at a rated voltage of more than 1000 V AC and 1500 V DC;
- products of electrical engineering and electronics intended solely for use as components of electrical equipment not included in the list of products covered by the technical regulation;
- electric toys;
- photovoltaic panels (solar panels), which are part of the products of electrical engineering and radio electronics;
- products of electrical engineering and radio electronics intended for use as part of ground and orbital space objects;
- electrical equipment intended exclusively for use in air, water, land and underground transport;
- electric batteries and accumulators, including those put into circulation on the territory of the Union as a part of products of electrical engineering and radio electronics;
- used (exploitation) products of electrical engineering and radio electronics;
- measuring instruments;
- medical devices.
Download “TR EAEU 037/2016” for free
Read the full English version of TR EAEU 037/2016 regulation “On the restriction of the use of hazardous substances in products of electrical engineering and radio electronics”.
Check if your product is subject to certification under this regulation.
If you still have questions you can always rely on MASTCERT.
Assessment of compliance with the requirements of the EAEU TR 037/2016 “On the restriction of the use of hazardous substances in electronics and radio electronics”
The regulation provides for two forms of assessing compliance with safety requirements – declaration and certification. By default, a declaration can be obtained, but the applicant has the right to replace the declaration with certification.
It is proposed to issue a declaration according to one of five schemes: 1D, 2D, 3D, 4D and 6D. The manufacturer himself, or his authorized representative, can apply for declaration according to any scheme. The importer or seller can choose only 2D and 4D schemes. Serially produced products are declared according to schemes 1D, 3D and 6D. Accordingly, a batch of electronics or single copies undergo conformity assessment according to 2D and 4D schemes.
The package of documents that must be prepared by the applicant, in addition to the standard paragraphs, must contain a sample of the operating manual. Also, if 1D and 2D schemes are chosen, it is necessary to attach the safety evidence obtained by the applicant himself. Scheme 6D involves the certification of quality management, which means that the QMS should also be present. Of course, when you make a declaration in a certification center, it is possible to get all the necessary documents, from the technical specifications to the QMS in one place.
Certification of electronics and electronics is carried out according to the schemes 1C, 2C, 3C and 6C. The manufacturer or his representative has the right to choose any scheme, and the importer can certify products only at 3C.
The certification procedure, in general, is similar to the declaration. The package of documents is needed the same, with the exception of our own evidence, which is optional for obtaining a certificate, since laboratory tests in an accredited organization are mandatory.
The declaration and certificate for serial production is issued for a period of up to 5 years. For a batch and single copies of electronics, the validity period is unlimited.
For a more detailed study of the regulations of the TR EAEU 037/2016, you can
MASTCERT center is accredited to carry out the necessary scope of works to confirm the compliance of products with the norms of TR EAEU 037/2016 on the restriction of the use of hazardous substances in electrical and radio engineering products. This technical regulation was developed in accordance with the Decision on the EEC Treaty dated from 10/18/2016 in order to protect the life and health of people, the environment, to prevent actions that mislead users of electrical and radio-electronic products on the content of hazardous substances.
RoHS Conformance CertificationThe following product categories are covered by TR EAEU 037/2016:
- devices with connection to the electricity mains and household appliances;
- computers and devices connected to them;
- terminal means of communication;
- machines for copying and other types of office equipment;
- power tools (power plants and other portable devices);
- lighting equipment;
- musical instruments;
- slot and vending machines;
- cash desks, ticket machines, ID-card readers, ATMs, information kiosks;
- cables, wires and cords, with the exception of fiber optic ones;
- automatic switches of differential current;
- detectors of fire and burglar alarms.
How can You draw up a document of compliance with TR EAEU 037/2016?
The certificate of compliance with the technical regulation CU can be issued for imported goods of foreign manufacturers and for goods of local companies. Conformity assessment with TR requirements can be carried out in two forms – declaration and certification. The first document can be obtained by default, but the applicant has the right to replace the declaration with an EAC certificate. The manufacturer and his authorized representatives can declare a declaration in one of five schemes: 1D, 2D, 3D, 4D and 6D. The importer or seller can only choose the second or fourth type.
The package of documents to be prepared by the applicant, in addition to the standard items, must contain a sample instruction manual. Also, if 1D and 2D schemes are selected, proof of safety obtained by the applicant should be attached. During the registration of the declaration in an accredited center, You can get all the documentation from the TA to the quality management certificate in one place.
The certification procedure is generally similar to the declaration. The needed package of documents is the same, with the exception of its own proves, because laboratory tests are necessarily carried out in an accredited organization. RoHS declaration of conformity and the certificate for serial production are issued for up to 5 years. For a batch and individual copies of electronics, the period of validity is not limited. If You need to check compliance with the CU Technical Regulations, please contact. We will do our best.