Industrial Safety Expertise
NEED HELP WITH CERTIFICATION?
One of the mechanisms for achieving the main objectives of the state policy in the field of industrial safety, in particular the prevention of accidents and incidents at industrial facilities and the implementation of the constitutional rights of citizens to work in conditions that meet safety requirements, is the Expertise of Industrial Safety.
When is industrial safety expertise necessary?
The mandatory nature of industrial safety expertise is established by Federal Law No. 116-FZ of July 21, 1997 “On Industrial Safety of Hazardous Production Facilities” (FZ-116), in accordance with the requirements of which all organizations operating hazardous production facilities in the Russian Federation and other territories under the jurisdiction of the Russian Federation, regardless of their legal form and form of ownership, are obliged to “provide for the expertise of industrial the safety of buildings, structures and technical devices (TS) used at a hazardous production facility, as well as to carry out diagnostics, testing, inspection of structures and technical devices … ” (Article 9 of the Federal Law FZ-116).
In addition, industrial safety expertise is subject to:
- documentation of conservation, liquidation of a hazardous production facility;
- documentation on technical re-equipment of a hazardous production facility;
- industrial safety declaration, developed in the documentation for the technical re-equipment, conservation and liquidation of hazardous production facilities;
- justification of the safety of a hazardous production facility, as well as changes made to it.
Let us clarify in which cases the examination of industrial safety is carried out for different objects of examination specified in Article 13 of the Federal Law-116.
1. Documentation of conservation, liquidation of HIF, industrial safety declaration, safety justification of HIF and changes to it in all cases are subject to industrial safety expertise prior to use;
2. The technical device used at a hazardous production facility is subject to industrial safety expertise:
- before use;
- upon the expiration of the service life or if the number of load cycles of such a specification set by its manufacturer is exceeded
- in the absence of technical data on the service life of the TU, if its actual life exceeds twenty years;
- after carrying out work associated with a change in the design, replacement of the material of the supporting elements of such a specification, or reconditioning after the accident and incident at the hazardous production facility, as a result of which such specification was damaged.
3. A building and structure at a hazardous production facility is subject to industrial safety expertise:
- in the event of the expiration of the life of the building or structure established by the project documentation;
- in the absence of project documentation, or the absence in the project documentation of data on the life of the building or structure;
- after the accident at a hazardous production facility, as a result of which the supporting structures of these buildings and structures were damaged;
- upon the expiration of the safe operation periods established by the expert opinion.
BUT! Not subject to industrial safety expertise:
- Documentation on technical re-equipment, as well as the declaration of industrial safety, if the specified documentation is part of the project documentation to be examined in accordance with the legislation on urban planning;
- The technical device used at a hazardous production facility, for which the form of assessment of compliance with mandatory requirements is established in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation on technical regulation.