What if there is no GLN code?
From July 1st, 2021, all foreign manufacturers in order to certify their goods must have a GLN code, which should be indicated in the application for certification.
But what if you did not issue the GLN code in the GS1 association?
In this case, you can specify the geodata of the location of your manufacturer and its branches. It is important that the geodata can be used by the GLONASS system.
This means that the data of the location of your production should have a generally accepted format, for instance – 45 ° 51 ′ 05 ″ N 6 ° 55 ′ 29 ″ E.
(the letters in the coordinates reflect the cardinal directions N – North, S – South, E – East, W – West).
To help you in determining the GLONASS coordinates for your manufacturers, the MASTCERT team has prepared instructions below.
Instructions for converting coordinates:
- enter the manufacturer’s address in the Yandex / Google maps to determine the GPS coordinates;
- copy the GPS coordinates;
- insert the GPS coordinates into the geographic coordinates converter on the website;
- convert coordinates to “geo” – (GLONASS);
- when submitting an application for certification, send us coordinates (format: 48 ° 58 ′ 05 ″ N 9 ° 50 ′ 29 ″ E) together with the manufacturer’s address (if there are several branches, then coordinates must be created for each branch).
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.