TR EAEU 050/2021 came into force
On June 1, 2023, the technical regulation of the Eurasian Economic Union TR EAEU 050/2021 “On the safety of products intended for civil defense and protection against natural and man-made emergencies” began to operate. The regulation was adopted by the decision of the Council of the Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC) No. 100 dated October 5, 2021. The full text of the regulation can be found here.
Scope of TR EAEU 050/2021.
TR EAEU 050/2021 applies to the following groups:
1. Technical means of protective structures of civil defense.
2. Technical means of control, communication and notification.
3. Emergency rescue equipment.
4. Technical means of monitoring emergency situations.
A complete list of objects of technical regulation TR EAEU 050/2021 is given in the appendix to the regulation.
Mandatory conformity assessment.
The requirements for the confirmation of conformity of products are enshrined in Chapter VII of TR EAEU 050/2021. Conformity assessment is carried out in the form of certification before the release of goods into circulation according to the following certification schemes:
- 1s and 2s – for mass-produced products;
- 3s – for a batch of devices;
- 4s – for a single device.
To obtain a certificate, the applicant forms a set of documents:
- technical: design, engineering, technological and/or operational documentation for products;
- standards, standards of the organization, specifications or other documents in accordance with which the products are manufactured (if any);
- a list of standards included in the list of standards, as a result of which the implementation of the regulation is ensured (if applied by the applicant);
- description of adopted technical solutions and results of risk assessment confirming compliance with the requirements of the regulation, if the standards included in the list of standards, as a result of which the implementation of the regulation is ensured, are absent or have not been applied (if necessary); certificate of conformity of the management system (for scheme 2c);
- test reports (if available); an agreement with a manufacturer (including a foreign manufacturer) providing for compliance of products supplied to the customs territory of the Union with the requirements of the regulation and liability for non-compliance of such products with the specified requirements (for a person authorized by the manufacturer) (for scheme 1c);
- contract (delivery agreements) and shipping documents identifying a single product or batch of products, including its size (for schemes 3c and 4c);
- information about the registration or accounting (individual, identification) number of the applicant, assigned during the state registration of a legal entity or individual as an individual entrepreneur in accordance with the legislation of the Member State;
- other documents at the choice of the applicant, which served as the basis for confirming the conformity of products with the requirements of the regulation (if any).
Transitional period for the entry into force of TR EAEU 050/2021.
Transitional provisions for the entry into force of TR EAEU 050/2021 are fixed by the decision of the EEC Board No. 18 dated February 1, 2022. Thus, permits issued before the entry into force of the regulation will be valid until the deadline, but no later than January 1, 2025.